The network for young environmentalists
NO MORE BAIL OUTS! NO MORE CRIMES! G8, PAY YOUR CLIMATE DEBT!
A call for solidarity actions on June 23rd, 2010
This June, all eyes would be on Canada when we play host to the G8 and G20 meetings. Let us remind the G8 and G20 that every day they delay is another debt they must pay!
CALL FOR SOLIDARITY ACTIONS. ACT NOW!
June 23rd 2010 is being celebrated as the Environmental and Climate Justice Day of Action in Toronto. It is time for us to make our voices heard by policy and decision makers. Clearly, there can be no agreement for us, without us.
We are calling on all climate action groups, indigenous rights groups, anti-poverty groups, labor groups, and other activists from justice movements to join us in our fight for climate and environmental justice, to hold solidarity actions in their community to pressure their respective governments.
We, the youth, must expose the destructive policies and practices being supported by the G8 and G20, and their unwillingness to pay their ecological debt to those disproportionately impacted by climate change.
· Candlelight vigil
· Citizens Arrest of Climate Criminals
· Street Theatres- this is a good way of getting peoples’ attention and depicting the reality
· Mass petition signing to have the Cochabamba Accord – the Peoples Voice – recognized by the UN Climate Talks
· 24 Hour Climate Justice Fast
· Hold a Climate Justice Tribunal – hold climate criminals accountable
· Blogging, writing to the local newspaper, articles etc about climate injustice by the G8/20
These are just some ideas. But sky is the limit and you could choose your own ideas and get a lot more creative!
KEEP US UPDATED
We want to hear your actions and ideas. So, please contact us at:
Canadian Youth Climate Coalition
Please send us pictures and further updates about your action to firstname.lastname@example.org.